The staff at NIMS is dedicated to your child's academic, social, physical and emotional development. The curricular and extracurricular activities are designed to maximize the potential of each child. To be successful, students will have good attendance, be respectful of themselves and others, complete assigned work and attempt to be involved in as many a school activities as possible. As parents we encourage you to be involved in your child's educational life and support NIMS in our efforts.
- CONGRATULATIONS, Dominyk Price on being selected as the MBT KIOW Prep Athlete of the week. Link to KIOW site for Prep Athlete of the Week In the Top of Iowa Challenge, Dominyk had 28 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists in a 60-40 win over Central Springs. In a 47-25 win vs. Northwood-Kensett, he had … [READ MORE]
- There will be a WELLNESS CENTER TRAINING at 5:30pm on Tuesday, February 19. Meet at the main entrance of the Wellness Center. The training lasts approximately 30 minutes. Membership cost is $50 per year, per member. A photo will be taken at the training to process onto a key card for access to the center. … [READ MORE]
- Lifetouch will be at North Iowa on February 19th for SPRING pictures. Flyers are being sent home. Students should bring the form to the photographer on picture day in the auditorium. Pictures will be sent home with students when parents can review and purchase if they want. Unwanted pictures should be returned to the school. … [READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School District has an opening for the 2019-2020 school year. 1.0 FTE Elementary Special Education Teacher Valid Iowa teaching license with proper endorsements is required. Applicants willing to obtain endorsement will be considered. Minimum starting 2018-2019 salary at 1.0 FTE = $39,485 and includes full single health insurance, long term disability, IPERS, and $1500 … [READ MORE]
- NORTH IOWA SCHOOL is implementing FLEXIBLE LEARNING DAYS A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning activities … [READ MORE]
- NIHS is offering 1 session of Driver’s Education classes this year and 2 options for student driving times. CLASS SESSIONS for all students begin Saturday, March 2nd and run through May 11th SPRING DRIVES — held on Saturdays after class and after school on weekdays SUMMER DRIVING OPTION will start after school is out for … [READ MORE]