The staff at NIMS is dedicated to your child's academic, social, physical and emotional development. The curricular and extracurricular activities are designed to maximize the potential of each child. To be successful, students will have good attendance, be respectful of themselves and others, complete assigned work and attempt to be involved in as many a school activities as possible. As parents we encourage you to be involved in your child's educational life and support NIMS in our efforts.
- North Iowa Community School District has the following openings for the 2020-2021 school year. MS/HS Principal (6-12) The North Iowa Community School District, located in north central Iowa, serves the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, Thompson, and surrounding communities. This progressive district serves 450 students in a K-12 building in Buffalo Center, allowing for … [READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School District has the following openings for the 2020-2021 School Year. Head Speech Coach Speech Coach MS Boys Basketball Coach MS Volleyball Coach If interested, please contact: Gwen Mathahs, Board Secretary North Iowa Community Schools 111 Third Ave NW Buffalo Center, Iowa 50424 -or- Electronic applications available through the Teach Iowa … [READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering … [READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now … [READ MORE]
- NORTH IOWA SCHOOL is implementing FLEXIBLE LEARNING DAYS A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning activities … [READ MORE]