The staff at NIMS is dedicated to your child's academic, social, physical and emotional development. The curricular and extracurricular activities are designed to maximize the potential of each child. To be successful, students will have good attendance, be respectful of themselves and others, complete assigned work and attempt to be involved in as many a school activities as possible. As parents we encourage you to be involved in your child's educational life and support NIMS in our efforts.
- Our Destination DC students are selling Puffins! Traditional Puffins include Cinnamon, Strawberry Cream, Blueberry Cream, Apple, and Cherry. The Butter Hearts style include Classic Sugar and Raspberry Cream. There are also Puffcrust pizzas in Pepperoni or Breakfast. See more photos and prices — and ORDER from your favorite member of the class of 2025 — … [READ MORE]
- School Custodian The North Iowa Community School is accepting applications for a Full-time Custodian for Building/Grounds and Transportation. Custodian is responsible for the caretaking, custody and daily maintenance of the building area assigned. Custodian will be expected to coordinate state-mandated inspections for all areas and follow through with recommendations. 1. Responsible to maintain assigned areas … [READ MORE]
- The Wellness Center will re-open beginning Thursday, May 14 ,2020 with the following guidelines. No one under 18. Even with adult supervision, kids are not allowed at this time. Not more than 10 people upstairs, 10 people downstairs. Wipe down equipment before and after use of all machines. No balls or equipment will be … [READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering … [READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now … [READ MORE]
- NORTH IOWA SCHOOL is implementing FLEXIBLE LEARNING DAYS A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning activities … [READ MORE]