The staff at NIMS is dedicated to your child's academic, social, physical and emotional development. The curricular and extracurricular activities are designed to maximize the potential of each child. To be successful, students will have good attendance, be respectful of themselves and others, complete assigned work and attempt to be involved in as many a school activities as possible. As parents we encourage you to be involved in your child's educational life and support NIMS in our efforts.
- A WELLNESS CENTER TRAINING is scheduled for Monday, October 28th at 5:30pm. Meet at the main entrance to the Wellness Center. The training lasts approximately 30 minutes. We will go over policies, get a picture for the ID Card, fill out a short information form, and tour the facility. Community members are allowed to … [READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering … [READ MORE]
- North Iowa Destination DC students are currently offering BEACH and BATH TOWELS as a fundraiser. Orders are needed by October 31st to have by Thanksgiving OR by November 13th to have by Christmas. Orders may be placed online via this THREADS link: North Iowa Destination DC Towel Fundraiser OR bring this completed form and … [READ MORE]
- INFLUENZA CLINIC – OCTOBER 24 Please mark your calendars for our influenza clinic. The clinic is for employees, students age 5 and above, and community members. This clinic is for the respiratory influenza — not the “intestinal flu”. TIMES: Employees 7:20 am to 8:10 am Children K-prep through Gr. 12 8:10 am Children under … [READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now … [READ MORE]
- NORTH IOWA SCHOOL is implementing FLEXIBLE LEARNING DAYS A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning activities … [READ MORE]