Top 10 Ways to Raise A Lifelong Reader
The elementary is continuing with Guided Reading for 1st – 5th grades. Students will be reading books that are at their individual reading level. This will increase their reading confidence and success. Students will read in a small group in school and will bring home a Guided Reading book every night and students will read to their parents each evening. Parents are asked to sign the half sheet each night. In addition to the reading, 10 minutes of math facts each night will help make students more successful!!
- Updates for the week of September 28- Oct 2: Monday Sept 28 Homecoming Coronation at 3. Public not allowed. It will be live-streamed on our FB page or you can watch using this link : http://meet.google.com/jqz-fhce-ytz Cross Country is traveling to Garner today with MS starting at 4:30 and Varsity at 5:30. Middle School and JV … [READ MORE]
- The Wellness Center will re-open beginning Thursday, May 14 ,2020 with the following guidelines. No one under 18. Even with adult supervision, kids are not allowed at this time. Not more than 10 people upstairs, 10 people downstairs. Wipe down equipment before and after use of all machines. No balls or equipment will be … [READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering … [READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now … [READ MORE]
- NORTH IOWA SCHOOL is implementing FLEXIBLE LEARNING DAYS A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning activities … [READ MORE]