- Upload A File Or Document
- Top Link Bar (Top Navigation)
- Surveys PlanCreate
- Removing A Tab In Sharepoint 2010
- Quick Launch (Left Navigation)
- Log In
- How To Delete A Library Or List
- Embed A Video
- Edit Page Text
- Dropbox GrantPermissions
- Dropbox Approval Or Comments
- Discussions CreateEditRespond
- Change Site Theme
- Add Remove Site
- Add Remove Link To Links Web Part
- Add Remove Document File In Library
- Add Remove Calendar Event
- Add Remove Annoucement To Announcement Web Part
- Adding Or Changing PERMISSIONS To Sharepoint 2010
- Adding A Web Part To Your Sharepoint 2010
- Add Image To Page
- Add Folders In Web Parts
- 2010 Working With Wiki
- 2010 Working With Libraries
Why does it do this?
If a user does not log off, after several minutes the system goes to sleep and locks the screen until the user comes back to protect their files.
What do I do if this happens?
If it is during the day and obviously the student/staff have something they are currently working, grab them and have them unlock, save their work, and explain that this ties up the resource so that others can not use it. It is important that you log out if after hours and obviously someone just left things on hitting the reset button to restart the computer will allow the system to provide login.
Note 1 - This will erase any unsaved work
Note 2 - While rebooting the computer is the only way to get around this, there is a very small chance this will cause system damage and a reload of the system will be needed. Only do if this is it’s the last option.
- Is Keyboard plugged in?
- Is Mouse plugged in?
- Press control-alt-del on PC or Apple-Control-On/Off Key on Mac
- If it still does not work turn off power or unplug machine
- Where have you told it to print?
- Is printer on and responding (no errors on printer)?
- Is network/printer cable connected?
- Have you restarted?
- Is monitor on?
- Is monitor plugged in to computer AND wall?
- is computer plugged in wall?
- Is power strip on?
- Does the outlet you are plugged into have power to other devices?
- Is your keyboard plugged in?
- Have you tried plugging computer into different outlet?
- Is your network cable plugged in?
- Have you restarted?
- Contact the media center
- If it is a one time access thing: Check with the media center and they can assist you accessing this resource with a bypass password
- If it is a site that you need to access all the time. Please go to the site and once you get the “blocked by content filter” please send an email to the tech support (email@example.com) with the URL (http://xxxx.yyyyyy.zzzzz) of the blocked site. Once they have the site they will either:
- Send an email to the administrator is charge of filtering to get approval for the site to be manually unblocked
- Know that the site is just a false positive and we will unblock the site permanently