Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- Pajama Day!! Tuesday, November 24th. Get those cute jammies, slippers, and robes ready! We are kicking off our pajama drive here at North Iowa on Tuesday, November 24th. We are encouraging all students and staff to wear their pajamas to school. There will be donation boxes by the three main entrances of the school if … [READ MORE]
- Click HERE to find the entire Winter Activities COVID Guidelines Please check back frequently as they are subject to change. Amended 11.30.20 Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these new guidelines. All of the parties involved are trying to make the best decisions possible for our student-athletes. … [READ MORE]
- Strength & Conditioning times for the 2020 winter sports season: Monday: 6:15 and 7:00am Wednesday: 6:15 and 7:00am Friday: 7:00am Anyone 7th-12th grade are encouraged to come lift any or all of the above listed times. Strength and conditioning plays an important role in the success of all athletes across all sports. In the off … [READ MORE]
- The Junior Class Prom will be selling candy bars from the World’s Finest Chocolate! Each bar is $1.00 and can be bought from a member of the Junior Class or in the High School office. Chocolate bar choices: Caramel Milk Chocolate with Almonds W.F. Crisp Milk Chocolate Dark Chocolate Wafer Bar Questions can be directed … [READ MORE]
- Week of November 30th – December 4th Monday, November 30th: *Varsity Bowling against Emmetsburg, 4:00 pm at Buffalo Lanes. No Spectators allowed. *HS girls basketball practice resumes after school today. *HS boys basketball practice as usual. Tuesday, December 1st: *Boys basketball at GHV, JV begins at 6:15, V at 7:30 pm. Live Streaming link: https://kiow.com/live/garner-hayfield-ventura-sports/. … [READ MORE]
- The Wellness Center will re-open beginning Thursday, May 14 ,2020 with the following guidelines. No one under 18. Even with adult supervision, kids are not allowed at this time. Not more than 10 people upstairs, 10 people downstairs. Wipe down equipment before and after use of all machines. No balls or equipment will be … [READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering … [READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now … [READ MORE]
- NORTH IOWA SCHOOL is implementing FLEXIBLE LEARNING DAYS A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning activities … [READ MORE]