Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- Homecoming Coronation will be held, Sunday, September 19th in the Auditorium at 5:00. Doors open at 4:00. Then join us at the Sports Complex for a Family Fun Night following coronation. Congratulations to the 2021 Homecoming Court: Front row, L to R: Bailee Garst, Leah Kramersmeier and Emma Duve Back row, L …[READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now …[READ MORE]
- Music Booster Breakfast Concert 2021 [READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School – Community Wellness Center Mission statement: The North Iowa Wellness Center will provide safe, secure, and non-intimidating atmosphere where students, staff, and community members can achieve their fitness goals. Policies and Procedures North Iowa Community School designed the Membership Policies (“Policies”) and rules, including rules listed here and rules …[READ MORE]
- The school board has been working hard on and has devised a Return to Learn plan for the upcoming, 2021-22 school year. You can read what was decided with additional notes and information using the link below. Return To Learn 21 22[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School District has the following openings for the 2021-2022 school year. *Middle School/High School Media Center Supervisor The North Iowa Community School is seeking a child-centered, positive individual to assist and support middle school and high school students and their academic needs. 6-8 hours per day as assigned. …[READ MORE]
- Strength & Conditioning times for 2020-21 school year: Anyone in 7th-12th grade are encouraged to come to open lift OPEN LIFT TIMES: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6:30 am start time Strength and conditioning plays an important role in the success of all athletes across all sports. In the off season, athletes should continue to work to …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School wants to provide any and all needed assistance to the families we serve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out – TALK to someone. Open this document to find Suicide Prevention & Resources[READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa School will now be using JMC Alerts. Those without students currently in school should follow the link to sign up for school alerts. Those with students enrolled in JMC are already registered for new alerts – no action necessary. NORTH IOWA JMC ALERTS SIGN-UP FORM.[READ MORE]