Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- PLAN FOR RETURNING SUPPLIES: May 15th is the last of new lessons for students this year. Some students may continue to redo work or turn in work late next week. With that in mind, we are planning to leave several opportunities to return school supplies to school. We will have 3 days that items … [READ MORE]
- You can now order HS yearbooks online: www.jostens.com Just search for North Iowa High School, and YEARBOOK. ORDER BY MAY 15! We will continue designing the book into the summer and plan to include events like prom, graduation, and the musical if they are rescheduled in June according to our tentative alternative plan. … [READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School District has the following openings for the 2020-2021 School Year. TEACHING POSITION: 3rd Grade at North Iowa Elementary Electronic applications available through the Teach Iowa Website at www.teachiowa.gov. Coaching Positions: Head Speech Coach Speech Coach MS Boys Basketball Coach MS Volleyball Coach Wrestling Coach Golf Coach If interested, please contact: … [READ MORE]
- At this time, North Iowa Schools is making preparations to complete the school year with online learning opportunities. If the North Iowa Board determines that it is safe for our students to return to school, classes will resume in Buffalo Center. Teachers will provide new content for online learning through May 15th. Students will have … [READ MORE]
- The Wellness Center will re-open beginning Thursday, May 14 ,2020 with the following guidelines. No one under 18. Even with adult supervision, kids are not allowed at this time. Not more than 10 people upstairs, 10 people downstairs. Wipe down equipment before and after use of all machines. No balls or equipment will be … [READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering … [READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now … [READ MORE]
- NORTH IOWA SCHOOL is implementing FLEXIBLE LEARNING DAYS A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning activities … [READ MORE]