Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- North Iowa High School is offering 1 session of Driver Education classes this year and 2 options for student driving times. The class sessions for all students begin Saturday, March 7th and will run through May 9th. You are welcome to attend classes without a driving permit as long as you hold a driving … [READ MORE]
- WELLNESS CENTER TRAINING — 5:30pm on Monday, January 20. Meet at the main entrance of the Wellness Center. The training lasts approximately 30 minutes. Membership cost is $50 per year, per member. A photo will be taken at the training to process onto a key card for access to the center. More information as … [READ MORE]
- NIHS Basketball Coaches & Players will be holding a MINI NBA CLINIC on Saturdays in January (11th, 18th, and 25th) for ALL boys and girls in grades 3-6 9:00-10:00 for 3rd & 4th grade 10:00-11:00am for 5th and 6th grade During this time, participants will be taught the basics of playing basketball including defense, … [READ MORE]
- The North Iowa Booster Club along with Farmers Trust and Savings Bank is sponsoring a FREE THROW CONTEST WHEN: Sunday, January 26th, 2020 WHERE: North Iowa High School Gymnasium TIME: Warm-Ups 1:00 p.m. / Contest 1:30 p.m. Medals and Ribbons will be awarded to the top three places in each age division. Parents are … [READ MORE]
- North Iowa JUNIORS are fundraising for PROM and GRADUATION with LITTLE CAESARS PIZZA KITS Order from a member of the Junior Class, or you may also order and pay online by credit or debit card: Go to www.PizzaKit.com Click on “Products” then “Shop” Select “Ship My Order to the Group” Our Fundraiser ID # … [READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School District has the following opening for the 2020-2021 school year. 7-12 School Counselor North Iowa seeks collaborative and highly motivated staff members desiring to build relationships and be a part of a school family that is dedicated to doing what’s best for students. The starting salary of at least $44,320 and excellent … [READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering … [READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now … [READ MORE]
- NORTH IOWA SCHOOL is implementing FLEXIBLE LEARNING DAYS A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning activities … [READ MORE]