Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- NI/FC Wrestling The sharing wrestling team schedule with Forest City and North Iowa can be found on Forest City High School school website using the Rschools calendar. For your convenience, it is included in this post, however changes do occur from time to time. Please refer to the calendar on the Forest City website …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Basketball Support your athletes & small business when ordering from MJ Embroidery and Designs. Orders close Dec. 5th at 11:59pm Online store linked below. Basketball Apparel Store [READ MORE]
- On Call, as needed = Substitute $11.40 per hour Assist special education students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments for the purpose of reinforcing learning concepts as assigned by the teacher Perform general clerical duties for the purpose of helping the teacher get instructional materials ready May be required to supervise recess, study tables, …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Families The school district has been evaluating communication and seeking new opportunities to improve how families and staff members interact. In addition to our current systems we will be adding new tools for families to get updates and to contact the district through text messages and a district app for phones. Our …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School District has the following openings for the 2021-2022 school year. 1.0 FTE Special Education Teacher Valid Iowa teaching license with proper endorsements is required Applicants willing to obtain endorsement will be considered. Minimum starting 2021-22 salary at 1.0 FTE = $40,100 and includes full single health insurance, long …[READ MORE]
- Junior class Prom 2022 fundraiser! MJ Embroidery has teamed up with the Junior Class of 2023. Bison Gear available for purchase online or in store, a percent of proceeds will go towards prom. Think Christmas and stocking stuffers!! Talk to Molly about custom orders! Available daily at MJ Embroidery on Main Street Buffalo Center. …[READ MORE]
- Strength & Conditioning times for 2020-21 school year: Anyone in 7th-12th grade are encouraged to come to open lift OPEN LIFT TIMES: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6:45 am start time Strength and conditioning plays an important role in the success of all athletes across all sports. In the off season, athletes should continue to work to …[READ MORE]
- 10/18/2021 Dear North Iowa CSD Families, North Iowa Community School District is participating in the United State Department of Agriculture (USDA) Seamless Summer Option (SSO) for the entirety of the 2021-22 school year. This means that our school provides no-cost meals to all students. This program provides additional support and flexibility for our …[READ MORE]
- School Board Director Districts The North Iowa Community School Board consists of seven members. Five of the members are elected to serve one of the five geographic areas (director district) within the school district. Two of the members are elected “at-large” and may reside anywhere within the school district. Meetings Regular Monthly Meetings are held …[READ MORE]
- Information regarding the NIACC Moped Safety course can be found using the links below. October 2021 schedule November and December 2021 schedule [READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School – Community Wellness Center Mission statement: The North Iowa Wellness Center will provide safe, secure, and non-intimidating atmosphere where students, staff, and community members can achieve their fitness goals. Policies and Procedures North Iowa Community School designed the Membership Policies (“Policies”) and rules, including rules listed here and rules …[READ MORE]
- The school board has been working hard on and has devised a Return to Learn plan for the upcoming, 2021-22 school year. You can read what was decided with additional notes and information using the link below. Return To Learn 21 22[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School wants to provide any and all needed assistance to the families we serve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out – TALK to someone. Open this document to find Suicide Prevention & Resources[READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa School will now be using JMC Alerts. Those without students currently in school should follow the link to sign up for school alerts. Those with students enrolled in JMC are already registered for new alerts – no action necessary. NORTH IOWA JMC ALERTS SIGN-UP FORM.[READ MORE]