Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- __ North Iowa Community School District has the following openings for the 2022-2023 school year. * Assistant Principal The North Iowa Community School District, located in north central Iowa, serves the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, Thompson, and surrounding communities. This progressive district serves over 400 students in one K-12 building in Buffalo Center, …[READ MORE]
- District Paraprofessional/Classroom Associate The North Iowa Community School is seeking caring, child-centered, individual to assist students in small groups or in one-on-one situations and supporting students with their academic needs. 7-8 hours per day as assigned. Working days follow the school calendar (180 days per year) Essential Functions: Assist special education students, …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa CSD currently has these coaching positions open for the 22-23 school year: High School Positions: Head Volleyball Assistant Volleyball Head Baseball Assistant Baseball Head Softball (2) Assistant Girls/Boys Track Weight Room Supervisor Middle School Positions: 7th Grade Track Student Council Advisor[READ MORE]
- “We are in dire need of officials right now and in the future.” Are you interested in becoming a sports official? It could be one sport or multiple sports. Please take a look at the link below for more information. North Iowa Officials Association[READ MORE]
- On Call, as needed = Substitute $11.40 per hour Assist special education students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments for the purpose of reinforcing learning concepts as assigned by the teacher Perform general clerical duties for the purpose of helping the teacher get instructional materials ready May be required to supervise recess, study tables, …[READ MORE]
- Strength & Conditioning times for 2020-21 school year: Anyone in 7th-12th grade are encouraged to come to open lift OPEN LIFT TIMES: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6:30 am start time Strength and conditioning plays an important role in the success of all athletes across all sports. In the off season, athletes should continue to work to …[READ MORE]
- 10/18/2021 Dear North Iowa CSD Families, North Iowa Community School District is participating in the United State Department of Agriculture (USDA) Seamless Summer Option (SSO) for the entirety of the 2021-22 school year. This means that our school provides no-cost meals to all students. This program provides additional support and flexibility for our …[READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School – Community Wellness Center Mission statement: The North Iowa Wellness Center will provide safe, secure, and non-intimidating atmosphere where students, staff, and community members can achieve their fitness goals. Policies and Procedures North Iowa Community School designed the Membership Policies (“Policies”) and rules, including rules listed here and rules …[READ MORE]
- The school board has been working hard on and has devised a Return to Learn plan for the upcoming, 2021-22 school year. You can read what was decided with additional notes and information using the link below. Return To Learn 21 22[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Families The school district has been evaluating communication and seeking new opportunities to improve how families and staff members interact. In addition to our current systems we will be adding new tools for families to get updates and to contact the district through text messages and a district app for phones. Our …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School wants to provide any and all needed assistance to the families we serve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out – TALK to someone. Open this document to find Suicide Prevention & Resources[READ MORE]
- North Iowa School will now be using JMC Alerts. Those without students currently in school should follow the link to sign up for school alerts. Those with students enrolled in JMC are already registered for new alerts – no action necessary. NORTH IOWA JMC ALERTS SIGN-UP FORM.[READ MORE]