Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- Fuel Up for Summer Fun Join us for a FREE Lunch Open to all children and teens 1-18 No registration or Identification is required Dates: Beginning Tuesday, June 8th – June 30th Time: Serving Weekdays Week One Menu Week Two Menu Week Three Menu Week Four Menu Breakfast 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. …[READ MORE]
- NIACC will be offering Online Moped Safety Classes this summer. Are you… …planning to obtain your moped license? This course is required (if you are under 16) to get your moped license. It is also a great opportunity to prepare to be a safe, aware moped driver. COURSE # CLASS DATE 9864 Wed., June 16, …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School District has the following openings for the 2021-2022 school year. *Middle School/High School Media Center Supervisor The North Iowa Community School is seeking a child-centered, positive individual to assist and support middle school and high school students and their academic needs. 6-8 hours per day as assigned. …[READ MORE]
- Needed: Umpires this summer for the Little League program. Games will typically be Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays at 6:00. The city will pay per game and the games will run for two hours. If anyone in high school with knowledge of the game is looking to make a few extra bucks this summer it would …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa School Presents: a Basketball Shooting Clinic in the Main Gym by The Midwest Leader in Shot and Footwork Fundamentals Celebrating 27 years of experience and 50,000 students! “During my several years as a student of the BEST shooting program, I learned how to train at game-speed, how to pay attention to …[READ MORE]
- May 20, 2021 To all North Iowa Stakeholders, This morning at 4:40 a.m. the district received notice of legislation signed by Governor Reynolds which prohibits requiring masks to be worn at schools. Beginning immediately North Iowa students and staff will no longer be required to wear masks. Wearing a mask is optional, but will not …[READ MORE]
- 2021-2022 Volleyball Team has their apparel ready to order! Orders are due by June 16th. Another order will be posted again in August if you miss out on this one! Graphic Edge Link[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School – Community Wellness Center Mission statement: The North Iowa Wellness Center will provide safe, secure, and non-intimidating atmosphere where students, staff, and community members can achieve their fitness goals. Policies and Procedures North Iowa Community School designed the Membership Policies (“Policies”) and rules, including rules listed here and rules …[READ MORE]
- Strength & Conditioning times for 2020-21 school year: Anyone in 7th-12th grade are encouraged to come to open lift OPEN LIFT TIMES: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6:30 am start time Strength and conditioning plays an important role in the success of all athletes across all sports. In the off season, athletes should continue to work to …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School wants to provide any and all needed assistance to the families we serve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out – TALK to someone. Open this document to find Suicide Prevention & Resources[READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering …[READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa School will now be using JMC Alerts. Those without students currently in school should follow the link to sign up for school alerts. Those with students enrolled in JMC are already registered for new alerts – no action necessary. NORTH IOWA JMC ALERTS SIGN-UP FORM.[READ MORE]