Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- Football 2021-22 is planning ahead and has apparel for sale NOW until May 17th! Don’t miss out! Use this link to buy directly from the website![READ MORE]
- Week of April 19th – April 24th: Monday, April 19th: *HS boys/girls track meet at North Union; field events, 4:30, running events, 4:50. Bus leaves at 2:50. Concession stand open. *HS Varsity boys/girls golf triangular meet at Bear Creek Golf Course, Forest City, 4:15 with FC and EG. Bus leaves at 3:00. *7th/8th grade track …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Elementary Spring Concert: Tuesday, May 11th * 5:30 p.m.- 6:15 p.m. – Kindergarten – 2nd Grade 6:15 to 6:30 – Intermission * 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – 3rd – 5th Grade Letter with additional details will be sent home with students. North Iowa Middle School Spring Concert: Tuesday, April 27th 7:00 North …[READ MORE]
- The 7th grade Destination DC students are preparing for their 8th grade trip next year by selling Puffins. This fundraiser will end on April 20th with delivery on May 6th! Use the this link for easy online sales! [READ MORE]
- Entrepreneurship class has been learning about becoming an entrepreneur. They have created a small business called ‘Custom Woods’ that creates wood signs, bird houses, and other miscellaneous items made from wood. Funds made from this project are used each year to start up the next school year business. This years class will also take a …[READ MORE]
- March 12, 2021 To all North Iowa Stakeholders, It has been nearly a year since the first effects of COVID began changing how we operate as a school district. The past 12 months have challenged and changed us in ways that will affect the rest of our lives. Even with the advantage of hindsight, …[READ MORE]
- At a regular board meeting on January 20th, the North Iowa School Board approved moving to in person instruction for 5 days per week beginning February 1st. February 3rd will be our first Wednesday for students to attend in person, with a 2:00 p.m. dismissal for professional development. This document contains more details with additional …[READ MORE]
- Link to Flexible Learning Day information and questions A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning …[READ MORE]
- When schools in Iowa move to remote learning for any portion the 2020/21 school year, the Iowa Department of Education has determined that remote learning is REQUIRED. This is different from last year where each school district had the discretion to have the learning required or voluntary. For the 2020/21 school year, all grade level …[READ MORE]
- Strength & Conditioning times for 2020-21 school year: Anyone in 7th-12th grade are encouraged to come to open lift OPEN LIFT TIMES: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6:30 am start time Strength and conditioning plays an important role in the success of all athletes across all sports. In the off season, athletes should continue to work to …[READ MORE]
- The Junior Class Prom will be selling candy bars from the World’s Finest Chocolate! Each bar is $1.00 and can be bought from a member of the Junior Class or in the High School office. Chocolate bar choices: Caramel Milk Chocolate with Almonds W.F. Crisp Milk Chocolate Dark Chocolate Wafer Bar Questions can be directed …[READ MORE]
- Dear North Iowa Families, I am excited for the opportunity of our students returning to school. Returning to school will include implementing mitigation measures (social distancing, use of masks when social distancing is not possible, emphasis on handwashing, covering coughs, increased cleaning and disinfection regimens and health education about those practices). Our goals are to …[READ MORE]
- **UPDATE 03/22/21** The Community Closet is no longer accepting donations. Please do not leave anything outside the door or in the hallway. The below listed process can still be used if you have needs** Due to COVID-19, the Community Closet has been closed. There is an abundance of items sorted and ready for …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School wants to provide any and all needed assistance to the families we serve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out – TALK to someone. Open this document to find Suicide Prevention & Resources[READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering …[READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa School will now be using JMC Alerts. Those without students currently in school should follow the link to sign up for school alerts. Those with students enrolled in JMC are already registered for new alerts – no action necessary. NORTH IOWA JMC ALERTS SIGN-UP FORM.[READ MORE]