Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- To order North Iowa volleyball clothing please click the link below! https://northiowavolleyball22.itemorder.com/ The last day to order is August 29th.[READ MORE]
- School District Registration Information Registration will be available August 1st. Please register by August 5th if possible. Elementary & Middle School Back to School Conferences August 23rd & 24th High School Classes begin on Tuesday, August 23. Middle School and Elementary Classes begin on Thursday, August 25. Preschool Classes begin on Tuesday, September 6th (Contact …[READ MORE]
- NORTH IOWA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL CAMP will be the first week of August (Aug. 1-5) from 4:00-6:00pm at the football field. Athletes will need to bring cleats, shorts/t-shirts. Regular season practice will start the following week also at 4 pm. Bring completed physical form and concussion form.[READ MORE]
- There will be a no-cost cross country camp open to every middle or high school boy and girl in the North Iowa school district starting on August 1st, meeting on the SOUTH side of the school at 8 AM by the main steps. The camp will run from Monday through Friday. Any athlete that is …[READ MORE]
- “We are in dire need of officials right now and in the future.” Are you interested in becoming a sports official? It could be one sport or multiple sports. Please take a look at the link below for more information. North Iowa Officials Association[READ MORE]
- On Call, as needed = Substitute $11.40 per hour Assist special education students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments for the purpose of reinforcing learning concepts as assigned by the teacher Perform general clerical duties for the purpose of helping the teacher get instructional materials ready May be required to supervise recess, study tables, …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School – Community Wellness Center Mission statement: The North Iowa Wellness Center will provide safe, secure, and non-intimidating atmosphere where students, staff, and community members can achieve their fitness goals. Policies and Procedures North Iowa Community School designed the Membership Policies (“Policies”) and rules, including rules listed here and rules …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Families The school district has been evaluating communication and seeking new opportunities to improve how families and staff members interact. In addition to our current systems we will be adding new tools for families to get updates and to contact the district through text messages and a district app for phones. Our …[READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School wants to provide any and all needed assistance to the families we serve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out – TALK to someone. Open this document to find Suicide Prevention & Resources[READ MORE]
- North Iowa School will now be using JMC Alerts. Those without students currently in school should follow the link to sign up for school alerts. Those with students enrolled in JMC are already registered for new alerts – no action necessary. NORTH IOWA JMC ALERTS SIGN-UP FORM.[READ MORE]