Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- Link to Flexible Learning Day information and questions A flexible learning day is used to improve learning during a school day that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. This opportunity means that students will complete learning activities and assignments at home that have been provided by the teacher . Students will receive learning … [READ MORE]
- Due to COVID-19, the Community Closet has been closed. There is an abundance of items sorted and ready for those who need them. The procedure moving forward will be as follows: If you have a need or know someone with needs, please complete this Community Closet Requests Return the completed form to Molly Winter at … [READ MORE]
- Due to COVID-19, the traditional in person concert format was changed to a recording. Use the following links to find the performance you want to view. Please make sure to subscribe to the Bison High School YouTube account for all video updates. Big thank you to all who were involved in the making of these … [READ MORE]
- When schools in Iowa move to remote learning for any portion the 2020/21 school year, the Iowa Department of Education has determined that remote learning is REQUIRED. This is different from last year where each school district had the discretion to have the learning required or voluntary. For the 2020/21 school year, all grade level … [READ MORE]
- Click HERE to find the Winter COVID Guidelines Please check back frequently as they are subject to change. Amended 11.30.20, 12.20.20 Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these new guidelines. All of the parties involved are trying to make the best decisions possible for our student-athletes. No one … [READ MORE]
- Strength & Conditioning times for 2020-21 school year: Anyone in 7th-12th grade are encouraged to come to open lift OPEN LIFT TIMES: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6:30 am start time Strength and conditioning plays an important role in the success of all athletes across all sports. In the off season, athletes should continue to work to … [READ MORE]
- The Junior Class Prom will be selling candy bars from the World’s Finest Chocolate! Each bar is $1.00 and can be bought from a member of the Junior Class or in the High School office. Chocolate bar choices: Caramel Milk Chocolate with Almonds W.F. Crisp Milk Chocolate Dark Chocolate Wafer Bar Questions can be directed … [READ MORE]
- Week of January 11th – January 16th Monday, January 11th: *JV wrestling tournament at Forest City at 5:00. Continue to follow TIC lanyard pass guidelines and social distancing guidelines. Masks required. Concession stand is NOT open. Possible live stream link: https://kiow.com/live/ *Bowling practice as usual. *HS basketball practice as usual. *7th/8th grade girls basketball practice … [READ MORE]
- Dear North Iowa Families, I am excited for the opportunity of our students returning to school. Returning to school will include implementing mitigation measures (social distancing, use of masks when social distancing is not possible, emphasis on handwashing, covering coughs, increased cleaning and disinfection regimens and health education about those practices). Our goals are to … [READ MORE]
- The Wellness Center will re-open beginning Thursday, May 14 ,2020 with the following guidelines. No one under 18. Even with adult supervision, kids are not allowed at this time. Not more than 10 people upstairs, 10 people downstairs. Wipe down equipment before and after use of all machines. No balls or equipment will be … [READ MORE]
- When supporters visit our “North Iowa Community School Shutterfly Storefront” to shop and make purchases, “ShareASale” (Shutterfly’s Affiliate Network) will receive a notification and the NICS account will be credited for the sale. Purchases made are automatically attributed to NICS and we receive 8% of the sales made during their visit! Thanks for considering … [READ MORE]
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION The Box Tops for Education program has earned North Iowa School over $8,500.00 since we began participation over 10 years ago. In the past, the Box Top label was clipped off the package and sent to the school where they were trimmed and sorted. The labels on packages will now … [READ MORE]