Our school serves students from the communities of Buffalo Center, Lakota, Rake, and Thompson. NIHS provides a strong curriculum and a variety of academic offerings to its students. Various online courses and college level courses are offered as well.
NIHS is committed to providing a positive learning environment that encourages students to become lifelong learners. We are dedicated to preparing students for their future in the global economy and promote positive character development.
The faculty and staff at NIHS are dedicated at providing a quality education for its students.
The education of our children is a partnership that requires communication and support. Parent and community support and involvement enhance the success of our students and in turn our communities. We invite parents and community members to visit NIHS and witness the learning in action.
- Paraprofessional / Classroom Associate North Iowa Community School is seeking a caring, child-centered, individual to assist students in small groups or in one-on-one situations and supporting students with their academic needs. 7-8 hours per day as assigned. Working days follow the school calendar (180 days per year) Essential Functions: Assist special education students, individually or … [READ MORE]
- There will be a WELLNESS CENTER TRAINING at 5:30pm on Tuesday, December 18th. Meet at the main entrance of the Wellness Center. The training lasts approximately 30 minutes. Membership cost is $50 per year, per member. A photo will be taken at the training to process onto a key card for access to the center. … [READ MORE]
- Communications and Marketing Coordinator North Iowa Community School is accepting applications for a part-time Communications and Marketing Coordinator. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the crafting of the district’s message and insuring that it is publicized for all parents and community members. The coordinator is also responsible for promoting the district’s accomplishments, as … [READ MORE]
- ‘Tis the Season for Giving! North Iowa High School T.A.G. students are supporting The Great Bedtime Story Project. This is a project dedicated to helping children get pajamas. Pajama Program distributes new pajamas and new books to children in need, infant through age 17. These children live in various situations including group homes, shelters, and temporary housing facilities. … [READ MORE]
- North Iowa Community School District is seeking candidates for the position of Substitute School Nurse Job Summary: Current Iowa License as a RN (BSN preferred) Knowledge of school nursing practice Organizational skills Ability to act independently in emergency situations Knowledge of health related resources available to students/families Supervise the administration of health services in the … [READ MORE]