The North Iowa Community School is seeking a caring, child-
centered, individual to assist students in small groups or in one-on-
one situations and support students with their academic needs.
7-8 hours per day as assigned.
Working days follow the school calendar
(180 days per year)
● Assist general and special education students,
individually or in groups, with lesson assignments for the
purpose of reinforcing learning concepts as assigned by
● Perform general clerical duties for the purpose of helping
the teacher get instructional materials ready.
● May be required to supervise elementary recess, lunch,
or any other general supervision of students.
● May be required to assist students with mobility and
personal needs including but not limited to personal
hygiene needs and/or toileting.
● Have or willingness to obtain one of the following
o Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
o Paraeducator Certificate (generalist and early childhood)
o Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree
o Two Years of College
● Other duties as assigned.
Criminal Background check clearance is required.
Send letter of application and resume to:
Tina Henely, Principal
North Iowa Community Schools
111 Third Ave NW
Buffalo Center, Iowa 50424