The North Iowa Community School is accepting
applications for a Full-time Custodian for Building/Grounds and Transportation.
Custodian is responsible for the caretaking, custody and daily maintenance of the building area
assigned. Custodian will be expected to coordinate state-mandated inspections for all areas and
follow through with recommendations.
1. Responsible to maintain assigned areas in a neat, clean, and sanitary manner.
2. Custodial functions and ability to use various types of cleaning products and equipment, both
powered and non-powered.
3. Routinely and regularly attends work, arrives on time, and works consistently until the end of
4. Must have high school diploma or GED.
5. Be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
6. Be able to climb and work from a ladder, scaffold or personal lift.
7. Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
8. Physically able to work while bending, carrying, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching,
sitting, standing, and walking.
9. Must be able to attain a bus driver’s license.
10. Will be responsible for required record keeping and communication with staff.
11. Will coordinate custodial operations throughout the district.
40 hours per week.
Competitive wage and benefits package, including single health insurance and IPERS.
Preference will be given to applicants with vehicle fleet maintenance experience.
We will work with prospective applicants to make it as easy as possible to receive any training necessary for the position.
Position open until filled.
Send letter of application and resume to:
Gwen Mathahs, Board Secretary
North Iowa Community Schools
111 Third Ave NW
Buffalo Center, Iowa 50424
Application available at www.northiowa.org under “Employment Opportunities” or