Washington DC trip organizer application
It may seem like a long time into the future, but planning is beginning for the current seventh grade students to take the trip to Washington DC. Mrs. Heyer has graciously accepted the role of trip organizer for the last 3 years, but will be stepping away from the role next year. At this time, a trip organizer for March of 2023 is being sought.
To be successful in this role the person would need to have strong organizational, communication, and accounting skills. Mrs. Heyer will be happy to share her knowledge through her experience and even use her actions with the current eighth grade students to guide someone new to the role.
These would include:
- Communicating with Legacy Tours (make sure this is the correct name of the company)
- Communicating with families that would take part in the trip ● Setting the budget required for children and chaperones to participate ● Keeping close accounting of amounts each child has fundraised or paid for the trip
- Organizing fundraising opportunities
- Planning the activities to be done on the way to and while in Washington DC
- Be the leader and head chaperone for the trip
At this time applications are being accepted for a committee to select the trip organizer. If you have interest please complete the application soon. Feel free to pass the application on to any strong candidates.
The tentative timeline would be:
February-March – information is shared with families
March 2022 – fundraising begins
March 2023 – trip to Washington DC is completed
Many past graduates of North Iowa Schools have spoken highly of and still retain memories of this special opportunity. In addition to providing this opportunity for future children, the trip organizer participates in all events at no cost.
To apply, simply complete the linked Google Form found on the North Iowa Schools website. Applications will be accepted until January 14, 2022.